- Shaun King exposes timeline of abuse and intimidation by police (storify)
- Activists smell publicity stunt as State Senator Jamilah Nasheed is arrested during protests (storify)
- Police say Sen. Nasheed had handgun on her and was suspected of being drunk at time of arrest
- Ferguson protesters shut down CNN coverage last night due to biased reports (video)
- Divided Ferguson awaits grand jury decision on Mike Brown killing
- Mike Brown’s aunt speaks out in response to NY Times article that reports Darren Wilson “feared for his life”. Says Wilson will “feel the wrath of God’s vengeance”
- Cornel West discusses his arrest in Ferguson
as I heard a friend quoting the other day, science isn’t about why it’s about why not, right?
Corporate “Give Back” weeks are such as facade. Exploit your communities and the planet for 51 weeks out of the year, “give back” for one, but not really because all “giving back” with these multinationals is meant only to paint a rosy picture of the “good” exploiters versus the “bad” exploiters, to create positive social capital with the intent of obfuscating destructive social and ecological footprints.
Substantively speaking, a few hundred affluent people flooding a community for a week does not constitute any sort of tangible solidarity WITH the community. More often than not it creates the work of engaging a bunch of clueless fuckwit “volunteers” who want to get out of the office for a day rather than working to dismantle oppression.
To quote Eduardo Galeano, “I don’t believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the other person. I have a lot to learn from other people.” Corporations are never interested in learning beyond the ability to better, more efficiently exploit, while making us love them for it.
Last Night in Ferguson (10.21.14): A state senator was arrested (and mama may have been legally packing), one of the lead organizers, nettaaaaaaaa, was roughed up by police, and one of the main sources of footage/live feeds, Rebel Z, was detained in what seems to have been an intimidation and straight up harassment tactic. The police are out of control, and it’s only getting worse. If you think this is over, you need to look again. #staywoke #farfromover
Ferguson is still happening. Are you still paying attention?
Things Are About To Go To Hell Again in Ferguson: Working to confirm the information above. When I get confirmation, I will give it. No matter what, please stay safe in Ferguson this week, especially tomorrow. [Source]
I HOPE YOU CHOKE ON YOUR OWN PHELGM U SHIT (I really do hope you feel better though!)
I honestly can’t believe there are still people who take Friedman economics seriously
Keynesian isn’t much better but still
Outsourcing isn’t a form of trade or a international integration it’s a form of exploitation
Trade is consensual and mutual
People who try to justify NAFTA’s “economic miracles” more like wow can you tell me a better joke